»

Monday, December 31, 2012

The year that has been!

Hey friends.............I am back after a LOOOOOONG time,months to be precise!
But I wanted to document "The year that has been " & looking ahead to the coming year!

 I will start with the lows,will focus on the pluses later exactly like I save dessert for the end of a meal!

LOWS

1. Come to think of it,I don't think I have had many lows except for some moments of crippling self doubt.But those times were bad enough to put me on the brink of depression!

2.The disappointment of not getting a posting when it was due (yeah I am an Army wife)

3. Some terrible people I HAD to put up with giving me nightmares!..........but I did learn a lot from those experiences,though I NEVER wish to meet or come face to face with that kind of people EVER AGAIN:(

4.Problems my daughter faced with an insensitive teacher.................fortunately she has left!

5.My "Amy Butler Purses" did not take off as well as I had expected them to which was surprising & disappointing considering the amount of $$ I spent on buying them & getting them shipped to India.I am sticking to Indian fabrics now!

6.Some self realizations which are not very pretty but "it is what it is" & I am OK with that!


Hmm.............time for the bonus points of the year which have been aplenty giving me tonnes of happiness:)

HIGHS

1.The year started with a bang with addition of a new member to our family.............Beethoven,our St. Bernard pup who has grown gigantic now:)



2.Added 2 new family members..............my sister in law's husband & my sister's husband................so yeah attended 2 family weddings and had a blast!..............Met so many long lost cousins,welcomed new members to our family folds which was simply superb!

My sis in law & her hubs
3. My sister's wedding which was a typical Maharashtrian affair.................was so much fun getting dressed up & ofcourse the endless shopping;)

My parents,me,my sis & the groom:)
4. Beethoven's maiden flight.................boy was that an adventure or what!...............let's just say it was no easy task to transport a fully grown ,stubborn, very powerful St Bernard across the country by air.He managed to break open his crate in the cargo while flying & we could actually HEAR him barking with anger in the plane! Ha ha ..............what fun it was :)...............BUT not doing that again;)

5.Successfully started my jewelery business Champa Qali & am very happy with the way it's growing by leaps & bounds:)

6.Made new friends & at peace with myself over broken friendships & relations gone sour

And now I am looking forward to the new year.............the goals,resolutions are for another post,so here I am signing off for 2011 & will meet you all in the new year really soon:)

source

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails